Here are the most frequently asked questions about Brian Daly and his magic skills…
- Are you in the magic Circle? I am in the Society of Irish Magicians which is the Irish version of the magic circle and have been a member for over a decade.
- How often do you practice? At least a little bit every day, and some days I practice all day.
- How often do you learn new magic tricks? Constantly. I’m always putting new numbers into my act and updating my repertoire.
- Do you invent your own tricks? Yes, more and more frequently I create my own minor miracles.
- Do the tricks ever go wrong? Ha ha yes, a few times yes, I’ve been caught while I was learning to steal peoples watches, but I don’t take it too seriously and I just got on with the show and making sure everyone had a good time.
- Where did you learn magic? In prison. Not really, it started in kindergarten, then I got magic sets and books and joined the Society of Irish Magicians and it turned into my full time job from there.
- Where are you based and where do you work? I’m based in Dublin but I cover the entire island of Ireland and regularly travel to perform at festivals around the country.
- Do you have a rabbit? Actually no, but I do have a mind-reading ferret, yes you read that correctly. His name is Rocky and he’s a bit of a lunatic, does impressions and circus tricks and for the grand finale he reads peoples minds for real, it has to be seen to be believed really.
- Do you have a real job? Ha, no not really. If by “real” job you mean working 9-5 in some faceless corporation to make some fat cat in a suit rich, no I don’t have a “real job”. Magic is how I make my living. I am a professional messer.
- What’s your best trick? Tricks are like songs, each person has their favourites but it’s hard to say which is best. Personally I like taking people’s watches without them seeing, because if they act up or heckle, I could just keep their watch.
- How did you do that? That one will have to go unanswered for now…
And last but not least, the top question Brian gets asked…
If you have any questions for Brian feel free to give him a call on 087 9090 853.