Here are the most frequently asked questions about Brian Daly and his magic skills…
- Are you in the magic Circle? I am in the Society of Irish Magicians which is the Irish version of the magic circle and have been a member for over a decade.
- How often do you practice? At least a little bit every day, and some days I practice all day.
- How often do you learn new magic tricks? Constantly. I’m always putting new numbers into my act and updating my repertoire.
- Do you invent your own tricks? Yes, more and more frequently I create my own minor miracles.
- Do the tricks ever go wrong? Ha ha yes, a few times yes, I’ve been caught while I was learning to steal peoples watches, but I don’t take it too seriously and I just got on with the show and making sure everyone had a good time.
- Where did you learn magic? In prison. Not really, it started in kindergarten, then I got magic sets and books and joined the Society of Irish Magicians and it turned into my full time job from there.
- Where are you based and where do you work? I’m based in Dublin but I cover the entire island of Ireland and regularly travel to perform at festivals around the country.
- Do you have a rabbit? Actually no, but I do have a mind-reading ferret, yes you read that correctly. His name is Rocky and he’s a bit of a lunatic, does impressions and circus tricks and for the grand finale he reads peoples minds for real, it has to be seen to be believed really.
- Do you have a real job? Ha, no not really. If by “real” job you mean working 9-5 in some faceless corporation to make some fat cat in a suit rich, no I don’t have a “real job”. Magic is how I make my living. I am a professional messer.
- What’s your best trick? Tricks are like songs, each person has their favourites but it’s hard to say which is best. Personally I like taking people’s watches without them seeing, because if they act up or heckle, I could just keep their watch.
- How did you do that? That one will have to go unanswered for now…
And last but not least, the top question Brian gets asked…
If you have any questions for Brian feel free to give him a call on 087 9090 853.
Here it is, the perfect gift for anyone interested in magic…
The perfect stocking filler at Christmas.
Every trick on this DVD can be done with things you’d find around the house like, string, elastics, books etc… you won’t need to buy any special magic props or to spend ages making things. All the tricks are very easy to do, and are the best tricks selected from the ones I teach in my magic workshops. In no time at all you could be astounding your friends and family. Kids will have something to show their class mates, adults will have a few party pieces to show their mates. There is something on this DVD for everyone.
- Ring Thru Rope – A borrowed ring magically melts onto the middle of a rope.
- Impressive Elastic Trick – A classic of magic and the secret is now yours!!
- Matching Card Mystery – You’ll predict the future and make Nostradamus look like a novelty act.
- Jumpin’ Ring – Amazing sleight of hand that’ll make you look like a cross between a magician and a ninja.
- Jedi Mind Trick – You’ll look inside people’s brains and be able to read their minds.
- Amazing Arm trick – Tie a rope around someone’s arm and watch as their arm passes through the middle of the rope. Houdini, eat your heart out.
- Rising Ring Miracle – Uri Geller would be proud. In this trick you learn to defy the laws of physics.
- Vanishing Coin – Anytime anywhere you’ll be able to make a coin disappear.
- Wallpaper Wind-Up – A prank, optical illusion and magic trick all rolled into one.
- Sticky Situation – If you can’t have fun with this trick you are officially boring. This will provide hours of entertainment.
How To Float!! – This alone is worth the price of the DVD. You will learn how to float yourself above the ground. No fancy props, no wires or magnets or trapdoors or mirrors. Just you being an amazing magician. This trick alone is worth more than the price of the DVD.
NOTE: In order to keep the secrets of magic private, only a small amount if these DVD’s were made. Magicians don’t want everyone knowing their secrets. But at any time in history a very small select group of people will be learning these secrets in order to keep the art of magic alive, join that group and get yours today before they’re all gone.
Why you’re in luck if you need an entertainer in Ireland…
When it comes to all forms of entertainment, Irish people punch above their weight. Whether its music, acting, singing or even comedy, the gift of the gab and a natural ability to entertain plays a massive part in the success of Irish entertainers. For example – U2 – the biggest rock band in the world, are just a few lads from Dublin. And the Hollywood A-list is always full of Irish actors, singers, and performers.
There’s no denying that Irish performers are in a class of their own, and magicians are no different. Which means you’re in luck because if you book the right Irish magician for an event like a wedding, corporate event, or family day, there’s a good chance you could get yourself a world class entertainer!!
What kind of events could you hire a magician for? Well you have plenty of options, for example – Wedding receptions, magic workshops, festivals, walk-around table to table and stand-up magic shows. And whether you want a classical, top-hat and tails, rabbit from a hat magician, or someone to do Jedi-mind tricks or anything in between, there are plenty of performers out there for you to choose from. Basically anywhere and everywhere there are groups of people, a good magician can work wonders to break the ice or entertain on stage.
How do you ensure you get one of the potentially world-class magicians that are based in Ireland? It’s actually a lot easier than most people think to get a world-class magician for a private event or party.
All you have to do is simply trust good old-fashioned word of mouth. Ask around amongst your friends and family for a magician they have seen or booked and can recommend. If that doesn’t work out you can look online and make sure to look at videos of any performer you might be interested in booking. And even ask if you can see them perform live somewhere.
To have a chat about your event, give Brian Daly a call today and even if it turns out he’s not exactly what you’re looking for, he’ll help to point you in the right direction and find the perfect performer for you. Brian is based in Dublin but covers the entire island of Ireland and performs at every kind of event and scenario you can possibly imagine.
Dublin magician Brian Daly – has been the number one choice for weddings, parties, festivals and corporate events throughout Ireland. Here is a taste of what some people have said about him…
“Dear Brian, I had the pleasure of your show last night. It made the night for everyone there. Just letting you know I work for Microsoft Ireland and I’ve passed on your details to all our event planners and social clubs. I’ve given it a huge recommendation.
David Dunne, Microsoft Ireland.
After seeing Brian at do a stand-up show for adults at a fundraiser.
“Brian’s performance was tremendous; he was the talk of the town. We didn’t hesitate to book him for next years festivals”
Claire Coughlan, Festival organiser, Cork.
Could you use an entertainer to create a buzz like this at your event?
“Brian, thank you so much for the great job. From start to finish you had them eating out of the palm of your hand. Your tricks were original and your banter was great. Thank you also for your professionalism on the day. I would have no problem recommending you to any of my other clients and I look forward to working with you in the very near future”
Mark Staunton, Junction Productions, Kilkenny.
The words of a professional event organiser who has seen it all.
“We had Brian at our wedding and everyone loved him, he’s absolutely fantastic, brilliant, just brilliant! The guests were all laughing and enjoying themselves, I couldn’t recommend him enough”
Mr. Sean Donegan and Mrs. Lisa Donegan, Carton House, Maynooth.
The newly-weds after Brian performed walk-around magic at their reception, a unique piece of wedding entertainment that is fast becoming a new trend.
“Thank you Brian you were brilliant, everybody is still talking about you! All the best”
Mr. and Mrs. Murray, Dublin.
More newly-weds after Brian wowed the guest on arrival at the reception, and around the tables too.
With most of Brian’s work coming from word-of-mouth it’s easy to see why he’s in demand. Early booking is advised so get in touch today for a quick chat about your event.
Real Leprechaun caught then the litttle ginger knuckle fecker Vanishes into thin air. True magic right before your very eyes. No camera tricks or editing.
NOTE: No leprechauns were harmed in the making of this video.
Enjoy and leave a comment below.
Recorded at Dublin City University for over 400 Students, Kids and Parents.
A quick clip of a magic trick that’s a real audience favourite. You find out how the “magic” is done, but it’s funny so it’s all good.
Produced by Gifted Gab Productions